Hot Liquor Tank Benefits and Specifications
What makes the BREWHA hot liquor tank so extraordinary?
This dual purpose hot liquor tank allows for heating strike or sparge water AND regulating wort temperature during mashing
- An easily removed heat exchange coil allows for easiest and most thorough cleanup
- Heavy duty stainless steel construction will give you a lifetime of brewing pleasure (and hold its resale value... for when you scale up to a microbrewery)
- Built in HERMS (Heat Exchange Recirculating Mash System) system which offers safest control of mash temperature for added security, repeatability and consistency
- Easy addition of electric heating element under the stainless steel coil for HERMS setup and heating sparge water
Two ports for temperature sensors (not included but can be purchased here), one under the mash screen for controlling HERMS system and a second in the middle of the tank
- Sanitary tri-clamp fittings which are easiest to disassemble and reassemble
There are no threaded or weld-free or bulkhead fittings that can leak or harbor microorganisms and are difficult to disassemble and clean
- No lips or crevices ensures best sanitation possible
Mirror polish finish is the smoothest finish possible leaving no microscopic pores for bacteria to hide out.
This extraordinary hot liquor tank includes:
(Please note: 3" dial thermometer with 3" probe and 1/2" NPT thread and Heating Element are not included but can be purchased separately.)
A. ten 1.5" sanitary tri-clamp clamps B. ten 1.5" sanitary teflon gaskets C. eight 1.5" sanitary tri-clamp ferrules D. three 1/2" tri-clover hose barbs attached to 1.5" tri-clamp caps for water exit and HERMS coil connection E. two 1.5" caps to cover thermowell/temperature sensors (not included but can be purchased here)F. two 1.5" sanitary tri-clamp/quick-clean valvesG. two drop handlesH. 2" sanitary tri-clamp clampI. 2" sanitary gasket
J. 2" sanitary tri-clamp ferrule for an optional water heating element—see images of an Ultra Low Watt heating element hereK. 1.5" sanitary tri-clamp pickup tubeL. stainless steel water level ruler hangs on side—won't ever break like a glass tube will when subjected to sudden heat or impactM. 1100cm by 1/2" diameter stainless steel HERMS coil with 2 sanitary tri-clamp fittings for quick connectionN. Stainless steel HERMS coil base supportO. Sanitary mirror polish finishP. 62.8L/16.6 gallon capacityQ. 1.2mm/18 gauge 304 stainless steel hot liquor tank and lidR. Approx dimensions are 50cm tall by 40cm wide/19.7" by 15.7"S. nine ferrule welds and finishingT. wooden crate for shipping to ensure safe delivery and storageU. high quality construction to last a lifetimeW. ship weight approx 37kg/81lb