NOTE: THESE ARE SOLD OUT; MORE STOCK EXPECTED IN OCTOBER.
These exceptional water chillers can regulate fermentation temperature by pumping cold water through the jacket of the 3-in-1 (or 4-in-1), lower wort temperature post-boil when warm municipal water can't finish the job, AND the 3000BTU Chiller can chill beer in-line from keg to tap. A few of their many features include:
- designed for professional beverage cooling in restaurants, bars and the catering industry
- powerful circulation pump with a displacement of 26' / 8m
- minimum energy usage
- 45% more efficient than its power input
- cooling coils made from stainless steel
- materials meet the highest requirements for hygiene standards and long working life
- adjustable temperature control with 7 different settings (4°C/39°F-10°C/50°F)
- dimensions L 17"/42cm x W 24"/61cm x H 19"/48cm (3000BTU) (21"/53cm for 6500BTU)
Tap water or another chilling water source should be used for removing the large heat load post boil and this chiller used for maintaining fermentation temperature. Since this is a water chiller, it is not designed to crash cool near or below freezing temperatures but can get beer down within a few degrees of freezing if not fighting large ambient heat loads. Replacement parts can be purchased here.
The chiller utility cart is a sturdy (226kg/500lb) cart that allows you to easily move your water chiller around your brew space. It also comes with two additional shelves and removable side rails that provide a convenient space to store fittings and hoses.
The 'Hoses connecting water chiller to fermenter jacket' include two 8' length of 1/2" high-temp braided silicone hose and three 1.5" tri-clamp by 1/2" hose barbs, and enable you to easily connect your chiller pump to a fermenter jacket (and from jacket back to chiller reservoir) for circulating cooling water through the fermenter to maintain fermentation temperature.
BREWinfo: Water Chiller Instruction Manual (pg 36)
BREWinfo: Water Chillers specification sheet
BREWinfo: Installing a portable fermenting temp controller
Video: Overview of the Water, Beer and Wort Chiller
BREWinfo: Maintaining temperature during fermentation